Barker’s of Geraldine is one of New Zealand’s favourite home-grown family businesses. Based in Geraldine, South Canterbury, the Barker family has been crafting delicious fruit preserves, chutneys and syrups for over six generations.
Established on the family farm in 1969 by inventor Anthony Barker who, after learning his mother’s skills for preserving fruit, went on to develop a successful cottage industry with a wild elderberry wine as his first product. This was followed by blackcurrant liqueurs, syrups, fruit spreads, jams, marmalades, chutneys, pickles and savoury sauces.
Barker’s products are available from supermarkets throughout New Zealand. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in-store, just visit their website www.barkers.co.nz and place an order online. Next time you are visiting Geraldine, remember to stop by the iconic Barker’s shop, where you can sample the entire range of products, purchase gift baskets and send products all over the world.
Today we are introducing you to another member of the Barker’s Family, the Capsicum & Apricot Chutney.The combinations of rich red capsicums and luscious gold apricots combine to create a sweet and succulent taste experience. The most ordinary of meals will become extraordinary when you bring your food to life with this temptingly tangy chutney.
This chutney uses a beautiful combination of capsicum and apricots; it contains no gluten, added colours or artificial sweeteners. Can be added to casseroles, stir fry’s, pizzas, scones, scrolls or savoury muffins.
- Spread on bruschetta or crostini and top with crumbled feta for an easy starter
- Add a couple of generous dollops to casseroles and stews to help develop the flavour
- Mix with yoghurt or sour cream for a tasty and instant dip Spread over a pizza base and add your favourite toppings
- Add to cheese scrolls to give some real flavour
- Serve as an accompaniment for cheese, crackers, sandwiches and antipasto platters
- Serve alongside cold meats, frittatas, pies or left overs