So, you’ve been chosen to review a product, but don’t quite know where to start ?
The tips below will give you some ideas, but one thing about Family in Focus, is that we don’t want you to get all technical about things, we want you to just tell us, in your best words, why you think the product would be suitable for other families to try.
- Be informative : Be specific and relevant to the product you’re reviewing. Remember, you’re not trying to sell the product, but you are trying to let people know the experience you personally had with it.
- Keep it real: Be authentic. Review your own experience, and explain why you liked or disliked the product. Try to be as accurate as possible, and include both the positive and negative aspects of the product
- Be respectful: Not every product fits your personal expectations.. Sometimes you’ll want to share negative feedback. Even if you’re frustrated, make sure your criticism is constructive. Business owners often use feedback to improve their offerings.
- Reviews length: We don’t want to hear an opinion that simply says ‘we really loved the product’. We want to know why you loved it, why would you recommend it to someone else. Do you think it could be improved, is it good value for money ?
- Write with style: People will pay attention when you write thoughtful reviews. Keep them readable and avoid excessive capitalization or punctuation. Use good grammar, check your spelling, and avoid profanity. Choose the right length – a paragraph is great. Be creative and have fun!
Some Questions you may answer in your reviews
Who is the product aimed at ?
What did you initially expect from it?
Did the product do what you expected ?
How does it compare to other similar products
How does the price compare to other similar products
Did you enjoy the taste/smell/texture
Would you recommend to others? Why or Why not ?
Do you think it could be improved ?
What was the main benefit of the product ?
What did you think of the packaging ? Is it recognisable and easy to find ?
MOST IMPORTANTLY – BE HONEST !!