Mother Earth use natural, wholesome, quality ingredients sourced ethically, minimal processing and never any artificial colours.
Our philosophy is simple. We make delicious, wholesome food. It’s no secret how we do it either – great tasting ingredients and minimal processing.
That’s the Mother Earth way.
The Mother Earth Honey Range
Flower. Bee. DONE !!
Mother Earth has captured nature at its most delicious by launching a new range of honey, made by NZ Bees
The range offers shoppers a choice of flavour, size and usefulness when selecting a natural and sweet spread
Choose from their Honey Range:
- Mother Earth Clover Blend Honey 450g
- Mother Earth Clover Blend Honey 950g
- Mother Earth Manuka Honey 250g
- Mother Earth Manuka Honey 500g
- Mother Earth Liquid Honey 450g
How do you define these ?
Mother Earth Clover Blend Honey:
Is a light coloured, creamed honey with a mild, floral flavour.
Available in a 450g pot for the average household’s use of honey as a spread, and as a large pot for those using honey more frequently.
Mother Earth Manuka Honey
Is a more luxurious honey, known for its antibacterial properties.
With a distinctive, rich flavour, Manuka Honey is available in a little 250g just-for-me pot, and a 500g pot that’s perfect for sharing.
Mother Earth Liquid Honey
Is a beautiful, golden honey with a mild flavour, is ideal for cooking and baking, and is great for children.
Available in New Zealand’s first ever easy squeezable upside down honey bottle (450g), Mother Earth Liquid Honey features a non-drop mechanism – making it easy to drizzle the right amount of honey and leaving zero mess.
Honey is a sweet liquid made by bees from nectar they take from flowers. There are many types of honey, depending on which flowers the bees have visited. The different types vary in colour and flavour; generally, the darker the colour of the honey, the stronger the flavour it has.
- Multi-floral honey is a blend of nectar from more than one flower
- Mono-floral honey is made from nectar from one flower type and can
have quite a distinctive flavour.
To gather a specific honey type, the beehives are placed near those flowers!
10 TOP HONEY TIPS
- Store honey at room temperature rather than in a refrigerator. Keep it tightly covered and in a dry place
- Honeyed butter can be used to season cooked potatoes or vegetables. Mix 4 parts room-temperature butter with one part honey
- Tea isn’t the only hot beverage that tastes better with a little honey. For a cocktail that’s easy on the taste buds and guaranteed to warm you up, try a hot toddy – honey is the key ingredient
- Honey is rich in minerals and nutrients, and can give us natural energy and boost the immune system. It’s great for soothing sore throats
- When measuring honey for baking, first coat the measuring spoon with a small amount of oil so the honey wont stick
- Sometimes when honeyy is left unused itnaturally crystallises in the jar. Honey can be liquified by microwaving for about 30 seconds or in a pan of hot water over a low heat until the crystals dissolve. Make sure you remove the lid
- Honey can be used to sweeten soups. Try drizzling a bit of honey on your favourite spicy or roast vegetable soup just before serving
- Try using honey in your next salad dressing – honey, lemon juice, olive oil and friesh herbs. Divine taste of summer
- A drizzle of sweet honey is the perfect contrast to salty cheese, such as, a nice wedge of blue cheese, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with chopped pecans or walnuts
- Add a teaspoon of mild-flavoured honey to cream while you beat it. It keeps it firmer for longer