Sticky Ginger Cake
- 150gms Butter
- 400gms Golden Syrup
- 125gm Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda dissolved in 30ml hot water
- 250ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 300gms Flour
- Preheat the oven to 170° C
- Line a baking tin approx 30 x 20 x 5cm
- Put buttter, syrup, ginger, cinnamon into a saucepan and melt slowly over a low heat.
- Mix Milk and Eggs together
- Take off the heat and add the milk/egg mix, and the baking soda dissolved in water.
- Put flour into a bowl and add the liquid ingredients......Mix well.
- Mix should be very liquidy...
- Pour into prepared tin and cook for 45-60minutes......cake will continue to cook a little once you take it out of the oven
- Let the Ginger cake cool in the tin before cutting