The Healthy Dessert Maker
As you look for ways to boost your intake of minerals and vitamins, improve your athletic performance or shed those unwanted pounds, you might not have to look much further than a simple banana. Available year round in its own environmentally-friendly packaging, the Banana is a healthy choice for the young and the old. Your yonanas maker will turn those over-ripe bananas into a delicious and creamy treat that looks and tastes like soft serve ice cream
Reasons to buy a Yonana machine
- Low in Calories– A bowl of Simply Yonanas (1/2 C serving) = approximately 100 calories. Add in your favourite fruits like blueberries and raspberries or even some high antioxidant dark chocolate and you have created a healthy and delicious treat. The calories may bump up a little bit but you started with an amazing fruit foundation!.
- High in Potassium – Bananas are high in potassium, a mineral that helps in the building of muscles and protein synthesis.
- Natural – Bananas contain all natural energy from three natural sugars: sucrose, fructose and glucose. No other fruit contains more digestible carbohydrates.
- No ‘extras’– Bananas contain NO sodium, fat or cholesterol.
- High in Fiber – Bananas are high in fiber and much of its fiber is soluble, the kind that can help lower cholesterol.
- Brain Food – Bananas are called “brain food” because of its high level of potassium, important for the brain to function.
- Mood Food –Called the “good mood food,” Bananas contain Vitamin B6 and tryptophan content, which help elevate feelings of pleasure
- Vitamins – Yonanas are a great natural source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, and even protein
Add your own –When you add in other fruits and nuts like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peanuts, almonds to the base of bananas, you add more nutrition including: vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, protein, manganese, more potassium and dietary fiber, and loads of antioxidants, making Yonanas a super Superfood.
I had the pleasure in attending a product meet to test this machine out. I arrived ladened with my frozen bananas, berries and coconut milk. It was great to try different combinations with the others that were attending as without them I probably would not of tried some of the combinations.
I was surprised to see just how the Yonana did it’s stuff. It really did just turn the bananas into a healthy ice cream alternative. Some of the fuit obviously worked better that others and to get a real mix of flavours it was important to alternate what was being put in.
My favourite combination would have to of been banana and raspberries, however also liked the coconut milk and raspberries. Watermelon on it’s own was nice a refreashing. I was not a fan of adding chocolate as this not only clogged the machine but also took away the smooth texture of the fruit.
This was a very easy machine to pull apart to wash, however felt that there was a lot of wastage of creamed fruit. For value for money I probably would not purchase one of these, but that is mainly because I aleady have other appliances which I feel could do a similar job.
Really liked this machine. It was so much easier to use than my ice cream maker. You just added frozen fruit and zapped. You dont have to add sugar or eggs or anything else, but it whipped the fruit like it was a smoothie or icecream. was really delicious. my favourite was the banana and coconut, but my daughters was the watermelon. It was super easy to clean. My biggest issue has been I have been unable to find one to buy. I have looked on their website and it says Places to buy, but they always have no stock.
I really like this machine. it was so easy to use and clean and all we had to do was add frozen fruit. and its so healthy. I would love one one day when I can afford it.. its on my wish list. love the fact that its like ice cream but with none of the extra stuff added to it. my favourite was the chocolate with banana….. but the chocolate didn’t really work but still loved it lol